heavenly light

heavenly light

Friday 5 November 2010

SING PRAISES TO YOUR NAME


SING PRAISES TO YOUR NAME            Friday – November 5, 2010

“You exalted me above my foes; from violent men you rescued me. Therefore I will praise you among the nations, O LORD; I will sing praises to your name.” – Psalm 18:48b-49

In 1977, Dave Moody was a piano teacher in Toronto, Canada. He had some time before his first piano lesson, so he sat down at the piano to worship the Lord. “The furthest thing on my mind was the writing of a song,” said Dave. “My only purpose was to spend time with the Lord. Quite suddenly, I began to develop a melody that was coming to me – something I never had played before. And just as quickly came some words that I began to sing, using the melody the Lord was giving. When I finished, I realized the Lord had given me a song.
I played it over several times and put it on paper so I would not forget it.”
Dave played the song the following Sunday at his church. "I opened my eyes to see a congregation of about 800 people all on their knees, worshiping the Lord as they sang, "All Hail King Jesus," he recalls. "It was an experience I shall never forget!"
Within 10 years, people were singing the praise song as far away as India and Japan.

The Lord delights in our praise. Today in prayer, praise the Lord for He is good and He loves you immeasurably.

“All hail king Jesus! All hail Emmanuel!
King of kings, Lord of lords
Bright Morning Star
And throughout eternity I'll sing Your praises
And I'll reign with You throughout eternity” – Dave Moody

God’s Word: “I will sing a new song to you, O God; on the ten-stringed lyre I will make music to you, to the One who gives victory to kings, who delivers his servant David from the deadly sword.  – Psalm 144:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment