heavenly light

heavenly light

Wednesday 3 November 2010

THANKFUL FOR LIFE

THANKFUL FOR LIFE                Thursday – November 4, 2010

“Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever.” – Psalm 136:1

On September 10, 2010, Hayward Demison was playing in a football game for Central Catholic High School in Portland, Oregon. He couldn't catch his breath and he ran to the sidelines to get his inhaler. It did not help.
"All of a sudden, I collapsed and I (woke) up a few minutes later with people standing in front of me," he said.
Cardiac nurse Lisa Lyver, who was a spectator in the crowd, performed CPR after Demison's heart stopped for about two minutes.
"I was just happy to be alive because she saved my life," he said. "She's a lifesaver. And I thank God and I thank her for that."
Demison gave spectators a thumbs-up to signal he was OK as he was carried off the field on a stretcher. Since then, tests have revealed that Demison will need heart surgery.
"It kind of hurts to think about it," he said. "(I'm) taking it one day at a time. I'm nervous to go into surgery."
Demison will miss the rest of his junior season at Central Catholic.

The Lord has given us life, and through Christ, He has given us eternal life. Today in prayer, give thanks to the Lord for your life.

“This day and your life are God’s gift to you: so give thanks and be joyful always!” – Jim Beggs

God’s Word: “Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.” – Psalm 106:1

No comments:

Post a Comment