heavenly light

heavenly light

Monday 20 September 2010

BE HUMBLE BEFORE THE LORD

BE HUMBLE BEFORE THE LORD                    Tuesday – September 21, 2010

“Seek the LORD, all you humble of the land, you who do what he commands. Seek righteousness, seek humility; perhaps you will be sheltered on the day of the LORD's anger.” – Zephaniah 2:3

In 1903, 14-year-old Sadhu Sundar Singh became a Christian in his native India. He was from a Sikh family and they cast him out of the house for his new found faith. He felt the call by the Lord to be a missionary. "I am not worthy to follow in the steps of my Lord," Singh said, "but, like Him, I want no home, no possessions. Like Him I will belong to the road, sharing the suffering of my people, eating with those who will give me shelter, and telling all men of the love of God."
He was a tireless servant. After completing a tour in Europe, Singh was asked about the acclaim he was getting as a missionary. He was asked if he was tempted by pride.  
He answered: "No. The donkey went into Jerusalem, and they put garments on the ground before him. He was not proud. He knew it was not done to honor him, but for Jesus, who was sitting on his back. When people honor me, I know it is not me, but the Lord, who does the job."

Are you humble person, or do you wrestle with pride? Today in prayer, seek the Lord with all of your heart and seek to be humble in all that you do.

“He who knows himself best esteems himself least.” – H.G. Brown

God’s Word: “Young men, in the same way be submissive to those who are older. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, ‘God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.’” – 1 Peter 5:5

No comments:

Post a Comment