heavenly light

heavenly light

Wednesday 1 September 2010

REPENT OF YOUR SINS

REPENT OF YOUR SINS                                   Thursday - September 2, 2010

“Return, O Israel, to the LORD your God. Your sins have been your downfall! Take words with you and return to the LORD. Say to him: ‘Forgive all our sins and receive us graciously, that we may offer the fruit of our lips.’” – Hosea 14:1-2

Rodney "Gipsy" Smith was a British evangelist who traveled throughout the world for over 70 years winning people to Jesus Christ. He recalled one specific person touched by his message: 
“When I was in South Africa, a fine, handsome Dutchman came into my service, and God laid His hand on him and convicted him of sin.  The next morning he went to the beautiful home of another Dutchman and said to him, "Do you recognize that old watch?"
"Why, yes," answered the other. "Those are my initials; that is my watch. I lost it eight years ago. How did you get it, and how long have you had it?"
"I stole it," was the reply.
"What made you bring it back now?"
"I was converted last night," was the answer, "and I have brought it back first thing this morning. If you had been up, I would have brought it last night."

The Lord not only wants us to have a change of heart toward sin, but a change of action. Today in prayer, confess any sin and your life and take the needed steps of repentance. 

“A Christian is not one who never goes wrong, but one who is enabled to repent and begin over again after each stumble—because of the inner working of Christ.” – C.S. Lewis

God’s Word: “From that time on Jesus began to preach, ‘Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.’” – Matthew 4:17

No comments:

Post a Comment