heavenly light

heavenly light

Sunday 12 September 2010

GOD’S PLAN

GOD’S PLAN                 Monday – September 13, 2010

“But they do not know the thoughts of the LORD; they do not understand his plan, he who gathers them like sheaves to the threshing floor.” – Micah 4:12

In April 2002, Virginia Tech freshman Rayna DuBose was completing a women’s basketball practice when she collapsed. 
She was rushed to the hospital and weeks later the doctors discovered Rayna had the deadly bacterial disease known as meningococcal meningitis. In order to save her life, doctors had to amputated both of her arms and legs.
After a year off from school, she returned to earn her bachelor’s degree. Rayna is a Christian and has found new purpose. 
“It may be hard for other people to understand,” said Rayna “but being an amputee is a great thing, because it has presented me with so many opportunities in my new life. I say “new” life because I always believed I was meant to become a professional basketball player, so I never took the time to find things that I had a passion for. I think getting sick was a good thing; it helped me discover and find myself. I now know that God's plan for me is to be an inspiration and motivation to others.”

The Lord’s plans for us are much greater than our own. Today in prayer, praise the Lord that God has a plan for your life and seek to do His will in all that you do.

“Since God is the highest good, He would not allow any evil to exist in his works unless his omnipotence and goodness were such as to bring good even out of evil.” – Augustine

God’s Word: “‘For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ declares the LORD.” – Isaiah 55:8

No comments:

Post a Comment