heavenly light

heavenly light

Tuesday 22 June 2010

GOD DOES NOT LIE Wednesday – June 23, 2010

GOD DOES NOT LIE Wednesday – June 23, 2010

“God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?” – Numbers 23:19

René Descartes was a French mathematician and philosopher who lived in the early seventeenth century. He is best remembered as the father of analytical geometry, the bridge between algebra and geometry.
In his book, the Fourth Meditations, Descartes discusses “Truth and Falsity.” He wrote:
“To begin with, I recognize that it is impossible that God should ever deceive me. For in every case of trickery or deception some imperfection is to be found; and although the ability to deceive appears to be an indication of cleverness or power, the will to deceive is undoubtedly evidence of malice or weakness, and so cannot apply to God.
Next, I know by experience that there is in me a faculty of judgment which, like everything else which is in me, I certainly received from God. And since God does not wish to deceive me, he surely did not give me the kind of faculty which would ever enable me to go wrong while using it correctly.”

Lying is a sin, it is weakness that cannot stand with the truth. Today in prayer, praise the Lord that He does not lie and in Christ, we see all the fullness of truth.

“Lying is the acme of evil.” – Victor Hugo

God’s Word: “‘Do not steal. Do not lie. Do not deceive one another.’” – Leviticus 19:11

No comments:

Post a Comment