heavenly light

heavenly light

Monday 23 August 2010

PRAY FOR OTHERS

PRAY FOR OTHERS Tuesday - August 24, 2010

“I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers” – Philemon 1:4

Cathy Gigliotti and Cindy Woods grew up as friends in Greeley, Colorado. They both graduated from college and became teachers in Milliken, Colorado. They have been friends for forty years.
Then in early 2010, Cathy went to the doctor and found out that her kidneys were failing and she would need a transplant. “It's time,” said the doctor. “Your kidneys are functioning between 7 and 9 percent, and it's going to get worse.”
The doctors told her it could be a two-year wait for a donor.
That's when Gigliotti called her friend and joked about the kidney donation.
"I called Cindy," Cathy said, "and joked about donating a kidney..."
"...and I prayed about it," said Cindy. "Then I called her back and said I'd give her one of mine."
Before the surgery, Cindy said she prayed again: "I said, 'OK, God. I trust you to shut the door if something isn't going to be all right here.' He never did."
Both Cathy and Cindy went through the surgery well and recovered.
And Cathy said the words over and over now, about her new kidney and the donation: "The most important part of this whole thing is the donor. My friend."

In Christ, we have the closest of friendships. Today in prayer, thank the Lord for your friends and pray for them that Christ would be glorified in your life and your friends’ lives.

“Intercessory prayer might be defined as loving our neighbors on our knees.” – Charles H. Brent

God’s Word: “God, whom I serve with my whole heart in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you in my prayers at all times; and I pray that now at last by God's will the way may be opened for me to come to you.” – Romans 1:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment