heavenly light

heavenly light

Wednesday 25 August 2010

SHARE YOUR FAITH Wednesday - August 25, 2010

SHARE YOUR FAITH Wednesday - August 25, 2010

“I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ.” - Philemon 1:6

Susan Perlman is director of communications of Jews for Jesus and oversees the organization's multimedia outreach. She came to the Lord through Christian guitarist Larry Norman. She first met him in the early 1970’s.
"Are you one of the 'Jesus People'?" Susan asked.
"I suppose so," Larry responded. "Would you like to get a cup of coffee?"
So Larry and Susan went to a nearby coffee shop and Larry shared the good news of Jesus Christ.
“This was the first time I had ever heard what is called ‘the gospel,’ said Susan. “Well, I let Larry know I was Jewish and that Jews don't believe in Jesus. I figured there might be an awkward moment, maybe even a mumbled apology, and then we would talk about something else. Maybe he'd invite me out on a date.”
Larry continued talking, unfazed by Susan’s answer, and he did invite her to one of his concerts. She later became a Christian.
“Larry was elated when I later came to believe in Jesus. He rejoiced in seeing me serve the Lord these past 37 years through a ministry I helped found, Jews for Jesus. You could say that anyone I've been able to influence for Christ can thank those who influenced me — and that certainly includes Larry Norman,” said Susan.

We need to share the good news of Jesus Christ with others. Today in prayer, thank the Lord for His Gospel and share His good news with others.

“The real problem of Christianity is not atheism, or skepticism, but the non-witnessing Christian trying to smuggle his own soul into heaven.” – James S. Stewart

God’s Word: “He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe.” – John 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment