heavenly light

heavenly light

Sunday 10 October 2010

LIVING AND ACTIVE



LIVING AND ACTIVE                                  Monday - October 11, 2010

“For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” – Hebrews 4:12

"I started to read the bible for encouragement after my family rejected me," said Gideon Mbusu. "I was born out of wedlock and for that I was stigmatized by relatives. Dejected, I ran away from home at the age of 15."
Living on the streets of Mackakos, Kenya, Gideon’s only companion and comfort was his Bible. He would never miss church service. In 2003, Gideon met a friendly family at church, which later took him in.
He continued to read his Bible and soon he realized he had the gift of memorizing Scripture.
In 2006, Gideon memorized the book of Ephesians in six days. By 2010, he had memorized the entire New Testament and most of the Old Testament.
He is traveling across Kenya to visit elementary schools to share with them the Gospel and his unique gift.
"I am trying to empower the children who feel dejected. To the children born out of wedlock, I tell them to be confident, for they are not outcasts. I tell them my story."
When asked why he memorized Scripture, Gideon replied: “My main purpose and point has been understanding God, not just memorizing.”

The words of the Bible can change our lives. Today in prayer, thank the Lord for His Word and pray that His Word will change you to be more like Him.

“Nobody ever outgrows Scripture; the book widens and deepens through the years.” – Charles H. Spurgeon

God’s Word: “For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.” – 1 Peter 1:23

No comments:

Post a Comment