heavenly light

heavenly light

Wednesday 21 July 2010

BE JOYFUL Thursday – July 22, 2010

BE JOYFUL Thursday – July 22, 2010

“Be joyful always” – 1 Thessalonians 5:16

In 1983, Doug and Sharon Knutson lost their six-year-old son Ricky when a reckless driver jumped a curb and killed the child. Karen was instantly plunged into grief. Doug, who was an Arizona Police Officer, tried to console Karen. Then in 1998, another reckless driver killed Doug.
“Ricky's death brought me closer to God” said Sharon. “Doug's death created a distance, and I no longer wanted to pray and spend time with my devotions. I didn't want to feel that tugging in my heart.”
But slowly Sharon’s faith was strengthened and she was able to emerge from grief into joy. She wrote the book “Gifts My Father Gave Me: Finding Joy after Tragedy” and she was recognized by the New York City Police Commissioner for her unselfish support in helping families in the aftermath of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attack on the World Trade Center.

No matter what circumstance we find ourselves, we can find Jesus. And in Jesus, we can find joy. Today in prayer, seek the Lord in all that you do and He will give you joy.

“One filled with joy preaches without preaching.” – Mother Teresa

God’s Word: “Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds” – James 1:2

No comments:

Post a Comment