heavenly light

heavenly light

Tuesday 27 July 2010

Eyes to See

Eyes to See

So I said: "Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts."
Isaiah 6:5

Recommended Reading
Job 42:1-6

When surgeons removed the bandages from Cassy Rivera's eyes, after a disease had stolen her eyesight two years before, she was so nervous she kept her eyes closed for 10 minutes. When she mustered the courage to open her eyes, she screamed with joy when she saw her seven-year-old daughter. It was like "touching the stars and the clouds and the moon," she said.*

Just as it takes a medical "miracle" to restore human sight, so it takes a true spiritual miracle to give sight to the blind eyes of the human heart. It happened to the prophet Isaiah (Isaiah 6:5), a man blind from birth (John 9:1), the apostle Paul (Acts 9:1), and most definitely to Job (Job 42:1-6)--and Paul prayed it would happen to us (Ephesians 1:15-19). It is not only the unsaved that need their eyes
opened, it is also people who know God but need to see Him more clearly--like Job. It was only after Job's encounter with God that he was able to say, "I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees You" (Job 42:5).

Ask God today--and every day--to open the eyes of your heart that you may see Him as He is.

Open our eyes, Lord, we want to see Jesus.
Robert Cull

No comments:

Post a Comment