heavenly light

heavenly light

Wednesday 28 July 2010

Too Good to be True

Too Good to be True

For I know that my Redeemer lives, and He shall stand at last on the earth; and after my skin is destroyed, this I know, that in my flesh I shall see God.
Job 19:25-26

Recommended Reading
2 Cor. 5:6-9

We have it all wrong about death. We think it's to be dreaded, feared, and fretted about. But when Francis of Assisi was told by his doctor that he hadn't long to live, he threw up his arms and shouted, "Welcome Sister Death! To me she is the gate of life." He immediately asked his friends to sing a hymn, and news of his exuberance spread through the city.

When the hymnist Frances Ridley Havergal was told by her doctor she hadn't long to live, she replied, "I thought so, but if I am going it is too good to be true!"

Missionary Adoniram Judson, realizing he was dying, said "I go with the gladness of a boy bounding away from school. I feel so strong in Christ."

The apostle Paul said, "We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord" (2 Corinthians 5:8). Because of the resurrection of Jesus Christ, we know that our Redeemer lives; and because He lives, we have eternal life through Him. And that makes all the difference.

I want to live as long as I'm useful, but when my work is done I want to be up and off!
D. L. Moody

No comments:

Post a Comment