heavenly light

heavenly light

Thursday 1 July 2010

LET YOUR FAITH BE KNOWN Friday - July 2, 2010

LET YOUR FAITH BE KNOWN Friday - July 2, 2010

“The Lord's message rang out from you not only in Macedonia and Achaia--your faith in God has become known everywhere. Therefore we do not need to say anything about it” – 1 Thessalonians 1:8

Just after Christmas 2009, Buffalo Police Officer Derrick “DJ” Ferrell thought he might have a medical problem because he couldn’t eat without feeling full. After a few tests, doctors told him that he was in terminal Stage IV of pancreatic cancer. The 39-year old Ferrell, a mature Christian, was given 3 to 6 months to live.
“He’s calling me to go through this for a reason,” said Ferrell. “I’m just trusting God to use me for his glory.”
When the community heard of DJ’s condition, they decided to publicly recognize him. More than 700 people came to a dinner in his honor.
Reporter T. J. Pignataro wrote: "News like that would shake most to the core and into an abyss of bitterness and self-pity, many of his fellow officers admit. But the soft-spoken Ferrell, whose steadfast faith seems to radiate a glow of saintly humility and goodness, sees things in a different way."

Trust in the Lord in all you do, and let others know where your trust lies. Today in prayer, place your faith in Jesus knowing that you are in the best of hands.

“Everyone knows how to have faith. We do it all the time in countless ways. When I get in a car and turn the ignition key I have faith that my car will start. When I pick up a ball point pen and press it down on a sheet of paper, I'm exercising faith in the ability of that pen to write. When I sit down to eat and put my wife's cooking into my mouth I am exercising faith that my wife hasn't poisoned the food. Day by day, in countless ways we exercise faith in the people or things around us. Likewise, when Jesus asks us to have faith in him he is only asking us to do what is natural for us to do.” – Bill Gordon

God’s Word: “See, he is puffed up; his desires are not upright-- but the righteous will live by his faith” – Habakkuk 2:4

No comments:

Post a Comment